Conditioning of feed is necessary to ensure the best quality in terms of nutritional properties. At the same time, conditioning serves as preparation for, for example, the subsequent pelleting process.
The KAHL conditioner "K" is the ideal solution for an effective and economic mixing and heat treatment of different feeds. During conditioning, steam as well as water and other highly viscous liquids can be added to the input product with firmly defined ratio of retention time and throughput. A precisely defined degree of filling provides the best results with regard to adsorption and absorption of the additives. Optimum product treatment is thus achieved, with exact adherence to operating parameters such as temperature and water content.
The special design of the outlet allows high filling levels and long retention times, making it ideal for components that require longer heat treatment. The shaft, case and mixing tools are made of stainless steel - for a long life and gentle product treatment. As an option, all areas in contact with the product can be made of food grade materials.
Applications and Advantages
- Selectable useful volume for optimised throughput (2 sizes)
- Stainless steel design of all components in contact with the product
- Manually or electrically adjustable outlet slide for extended retention time
- Adjustable mixing tools to define retention time and mixing effect
- Surface temperature sensor for measuring the product temperature
- Large inspection openings for easy cleaning
- Drive via slip-on geared motor
- Suitable for meal feed or for conditioning upstream of expansion and pelleting
- High degree of hygiene due to minimized dead spaces in the machine/apparatus