Both cooling and drying are carried out according to the cross and counter current principle, depending on the number of belts. Due to the modular design of the belt units, they can be optimally combined to meet the required plant size. They are designed to suit both small and large units according to the modular principle.
- Cooling: Belt units used for cooling operate according to two physical processes: Convection cooling provides heat exchange between product and air. Evaporation cooling on the other hand removes water from the product. The ambient or cooled air passes through one or more product layers and is used for all products with unlimited moisture levels that must be cooled to a low storage temperature. These include, for example, feed concentrate pellets, expanded products, dried beet pulp pellets, plastic waste or graphite.
- Drying: In order to achieve optimum and particularly gentle drying of your product, hot air flows through the product from the top or from the bottom. The process air heated directly or indirectly up to 200 °C passes through one or more product layers. It is particularly suitable for products with high moisture levels that may be discharged at high temperatures (e.g. cat litter, charcoal briquettes, filter sludge or metal oxides).
- Drying and Cooling: The two processes drying and cooling are combined in one belt unit, but operate independently of each other. This principle is particularly appropriate for products with high moisture levels which must be cooled down to a low storage temperature. These include, for example, Expandat® and extrudates, products from hydrothermal treatment or FGD gypsum.
- Drying and Cooling with Recirculated Air: In order to save emissions and heating air losses, recirculating air systems help to produce less exhaust air. The percentage of recirculated air is individually adjustable. Particularly sensitive products are protected by the reduced process speed. As a result, this process is suitable for low end temperature products such as shrimp feed or sewage sludge.
Applications and Advantages
- Due to the simple design, subsequent extensions - depending on the version - can also be carried out without any problems.
- Selection from several standard widths
- Special widths also available
- For the following industries: Feed, sugar, food, recycling, disposal, chemicals, brewery, energy, agriculture and biomass
- For the following product shapes: Granulates, pellets, briquettes, lumpy, dusty and pasty products, expanded and extruded products and bulk materials